Aglet Strategies provides digital communications and campaign strategy to advance human rights, civil rights, and other good causes. We are currently looking to hire one or more part-time communications specialists to assist on a growing number of client campaigns.
A successful candidate will have:
- Excellent writing skills;
- A strong interest in social justice work;
- A strong grasp and previous success on social media platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter;
- Strong interpersonal skills for work with clients;
- The ability to take initiative;
- A willingness and aptitude to learn new skills;
- Some background in advocacy or charity campaigns;
- A strategic mind to problem solve and achieve various goals for clients; and
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and clients.
Depending on a candidate's background, skills, and interests, a specialist will likely assist with many of the following tasks:
- Social media content planning and posting;
- Media relations research, calls, and scheduling;
- Email campaign drafting and staging in platforms;
- Coordinating with clients on ongoing projects;
- Coordinating with subcontractors, such as graphic designers and technical specialists;
- Website updates;
- Researching relevant content for clients' campaigns and needs; and
- Input into creative and strategic campaign planning.
The position will be paid hourly, commensurate with experience. Understanding the role is part-time, Aglet would work to coordinate schedules with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume that outline interest and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.